Aireborough Historical Society

1846 Accidental Death Yeadon



Title
Accidental Death Yeadon
Date March 1846
Location Yeadon
Photo ID
V101     Image courtesy of the British Newspaper Archive, research by Edwy Harling
Comment "Death by Scalding
     On Monday last an inquest was held at the house of Mr John
Bateson, the Robin Hood Inn, Yeadon before G Dyson Esq. Coroner, on
the body of Arthur Brayshaw a child nine months old who came by his
death in consequence of the accidental falling of a pan of boiling
water upon it from a fire.
      The mother, during her temporary absence, had left the child in
the care of it's elder sister, tied in a little chair by the hearth
when the boiling water fell upon it, so severely scalded it that it
died very soon after.
     Verdict "Accidental Death"
 

Post a Comment

Please login to post a comment.

 

Register

Register